Bruce has over 40 years’ experience in brewing, technical and production management and extensive involvement in brewery construction and the innovation of new products.
Bruce is also a qualified international brewer, mentor, and a respected beer judge in Australia and overseas and has launched his own range of craft beers under the QuickDraw label. He was elected as a Fellow of the Institute of Brewing and Distilling in 2014.
Bruce’s previous roles and achievements include:
● Over 20 years with Tooheys’ (part of Lion Group) in a number of roles from assistant brewer through to brewing manager and technical and R&D manager.
● 10 years as General Manager / Head Brewer, Bluetongue Brewery – where Bruce was responsible for designing and installing / commissioning the greenfield brewery. He also developed and successfully launched seven Bluetongue beer brands including an alcoholic ginger beer and a low carb beer which were innovations in the craft beer sector at that time.
● Bruce currently operates his own brewing consultancy business (Peachey Consulting Services) where he has been responsible for:
● Designing a 20 million litre brewery for Australian Independent Brewers.
● Designing, procuring and installing equipment for a 25 million litre automated brewery for Casella Wines (Australian Brewing Company)
● Designing a 20 million litre brewery expandable in stages to 40 million litres for a Sydney based client
● Developing the recipes for a number of innovative craft beers including several alcohol free beers and a malt based alcoholic lemonade.
● Installing and commissioning a range of craft breweries in Australia and oversees on behalf of the equipment manufacturer, DME of Canada.
● Currently full-time brewery consultant at Matilda Bay Brewery